You can visit all the places from the list or pick only the ones you like. Just inform your driver about your choice before the ride. During the stops you can do whatever you want: visit the landmarks, take pictures, ask your driver about the place e.t.c. Take as much time as you want within the overall time limit of the trip.
Admire the Herodes Atticus Odeon and the Acropolis Museum walking through Dionysiou Areopagitou street.
The three indisputable jewels of Athenian neoclassical architecture: The University of Athens, the Academy, and the National Library.
Change of Guards
Change of Guards
The Presidential Mansion is the place to see a Changing the Guard ceremony in Athens.
The Hellenic Parliament is located in the Old Royal Palace, overlooking Constitution Square in Athens.
Temple Of Zeus
Temple Of Zeus
Vast temple in the center of Athens began in 6th century B.C. on the site of an ancient outdoor sanctuary dedicated to god Zeus.
Site of the first modern Olympic games in 1896, now hosting ceremonial events & live music concerts.
This prominent limestone peak features a cable car, open-air concert venue & panoramic views of Athens.
About this ride
Discover Athens’ main historical sites and landmarks in just 2 hours with our Athens Highlights experience. The experience is completely customizable, so you can choose how long you wish to spend in each location as well as make extra stops if you like.
This tour can be booked separately or as an extension to your transfer. Your driver will show you around Athens before dropping you off at your accommodation or the airport.
Having picked you up, your English-speaking driver will share with you his local knowledge as well as personal recommendations in each area. Your driver will also suggest photo stops of important landmarks along the way, however, you may also choose where and for how long you wish to stop at each place.
Your driver will take you to the stops on your itinerary. These can include:
- The Panathenaic Stadium (sometimes referred to as the Old Olympic Stadium), the only stadium in the whole world built entirely out of marble.
- The Lycabettus Hill, the highest hilltop of modern Athens. Surrounded by pine trees and with a breathtaking panoramic view of the city, it is the perfect spot for a late lunch break or a quick snack before descending the hilltop.
- The City Centre, where the driver will have much local knowledge to share about the city.
- The President’s Palace, with the opportunity to watch the traditional and unique ritual of the ‘Changing of the Guards’.
- The Constitution Square (Syntagma square).
- The Athens Trilogy (Academy, University, Library of Athens), a series of 19th-century neoclassical buildings still being used in modern Athenian society.
- The Acropolis Museum, renovated in 2009, has since been referred to as one of the best museums in the world. It is internationally renowned for its unique display of Ancient Greek History, in a minimal and modern architectural setting.
At the end of your 2-hour Athens Highlights tour, your friendly Airport transfer Driver will drop you off back at your hotel or apartment.
Included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Well-maintained car with an English-speaking driver
- Free Wi-Fi on-board
- Fuel and tolls
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Water and snacks
- Entrance fees for all attractions
- Official tour guide (you can include one after the booking)
- Lunch, other beverages and meals
- Tips and gratuities